Monday, August 13, 2007

C'mon!

At the current moment I am opening all my windows and doors letting in the 100 degree Sacramento "breezes" so that the smoke alarm won't screech and remind the neighbors that I CAN'T ROAST A CHICKEN. What does this bird require for Pete's sake?!? I own "The Joy of Cooking" among others, have access to thousands of recipes online, have had some organized "training" in culinary arts and I still can't get this stupid bird to look and BE delicious. My hubby, who fortunately enjoys cooking, is always having to come home to rescue my failed bird. 450 degrees for about 60-75 minutes....and it's still under cooked. Cooking it longer dries it out. Please (Sharon....Christina....anybody...) help! I want to conquer this foul fowl!

9 Comments:

Stacy said...

AND...Rodney posts some quote about chicken. Swell.

David said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
David said...

foul or fowl? my two cents... just buy a bag of cheap frozen chicken at costco and thrown them on the grill. or better yet, there's always those pre-cooked rotisserie chickens. (now that advice shows you my level of cooking expertise!) anyway, good luck and try not to be too embarrassed even if the firetrucks show up next time -- you still out-cook the rest of us.

Anonymous said...

lower temp...longer time. you still have to be careful not to overcook, but try 375 for 1hr 45min.

but I agree with Dave...unless you're buying your fresh bird on the cheap, you really can't beat the rotisserie deal!

Stacy said...

if it's in my kitchen...it's a foul fowl! Thanks for the catch (and the tip...to retain my sanity), Dave.

Unknown said...

I promise the chicken quote was just a coincidence. I actually posted it a couple weeks ago through the magic of future-dating. And the chicken was still yummy and satisfying sweetheart!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to see I am not the only one who smokes out the house making chicken! Thank you Stacy!

Christina said...

uh..yeah...i don't roast chicken. i bbq it or fry it (and that often results in the smoke alarm's charming company, as well)...sorry i can't help! =)

Anonymous said...

baby cakes....you are your mama's chld....what is going on???/ I know you can do this!!!

 

blogger templates