Monday, July 02, 2007

banana stains? What's in your arsenal?

Nobody told me that this perfect food would doom Nattie's outfits to the "outside clothes" heap. I have looked on the web for some tips on handling this deviously destructive fruit but alas have come up short....SHOUT hasn't worked nor has Spray N Wash. The web offers "cold glycerin water and a good scrubbing with the banana peel" but that hardly sounds like a solution to the BANANA problem. Am I crazy?

So please, if you can offer your tips I'd be so glad to bring these soiled jammies back into the circle of dressing. I know you mommies have got some experienced secrets out there...

4 Comments:

Christina said...

I have some "Dual Power Spray n Wash" (pink and clear bottle stuck together) that I have had mad success with several types of stains...You're welcome to borrow it/try it out if you haven't already!

Anonymous said...

I've never had a problem with banana stains.

Maybe I have a problem and just haven't noticed.

That's my advice...stains are cool -- learn to love them!

Anonymous said...

Best thing I've ever found is called Zout. Sometimes hard to find, but well worth the hunt!!! I get the liquid kind and it's a thick consistency. So far, there hasn't been any stain I can't get out even after it's been washed!

Anonymous said...

Why don't you just nicely ask Nate to stop smashing banana on his clothes. I'm sure you can help him realize that there are other ways to find happiness that don't involve gooey fruit.

What about Oxy Clean? That guy that's always yelling on TV says it works.

 

blogger templates