Wednesday, October 11, 2006

An update and promise fulfilled...

Rodney has asked me a number of times to post pictures, stories, and the like of Nathan periodically when I had the chance. As of late, the chance has been few and far between, but seeing as our little guy has just gone down for a nap....here it goes...




My single claim to Irish blood and heritage comes from this man....my wee little Irish grandfather (who even wears green!) We went to So. Cal a few weekends back to celebrate my mom's retirement and were delighted to visit with grandpa, now great-grandpa, (who flew out from Chicago) and Nicole, who had not seen Nate since the week after coming home from the hospital. For those keeping tabs...Nicole plans to be home (i.e. Sacramento) by the end of this month.

Rodney and I also got to visit with some other friends and family while we were there.



In more recent days however, we have passed the 8 week mark! Nathan grows heavier and bigger everyday. He now will look at you and laugh and will try to reach out and touch things. He even takes his daytime naps in his big boy bed.



All this and the curtains and ceiling fan hold his greatest attention. Although daddy does try everyday to spend lots of time with Nate and teach him how to be a rugged man.



But some lessons are sweeter than others...



4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pics. You guys are so blessed!

Way to go on training in the manly ways, Rodney.

Anonymous said...

I'm sooo happy! What an awesome post. Funny pictures, HILARIOUS writing...it's almost like I have a reason to live again.
I love how the bear is petting Nate on the head...and how Rodney is bbqing his son...Kinda Michael Jackson-esque, eh? Good thing you guys don't have any balconies around the house.

Anonymous said...

The pictures are great. I don't feel so far away when I can check this out every day!
I'm still the proudest Grandma on this ship!!!
Keep them coming and I only wish Grandpa knew what a blog is and how to access it!!!

Anonymous said...

I want one!! =)

 

blogger templates